Do your best, and be a little better than you are.
Gordon B. Hinckley
Don’t compete with others, but improve yourself and make positive changes in your life. Here are the things you can do to improve yourself:
1. Take the first step: What is important in your life? What one thing you want to change and can impact your life greatly? There are areas in your life you want to improve such as your health, career, personal finance, relationships or family. Take one small step at a time, but it is a giant step when you do it every day. Choose wisely and make a difference in your life.
2. Reading: Get into the habit of reading every day. Start by reading a few pages or a chapter .Reading is learning and it is essential to improve yourself and be more knowledgeable.
3. Move your body: It is the surest way to improve your health and fitness. You will stay calm and work with a clear mind when you exercise regularly.
4. Change your thoughts: Thoughts of negativity is depressing in the morning. Instead think of your strengths and what you have achieved are the best way to start a new day because positive thoughts will generate cheerfulness, energy and enthusiasm in you.
5. Learn something new: There will be no improvement when you do the same old thing every day. Take up a new course or a new hobby like gardening or blogging. Improve yourself intellectually, spiritually and physically.
6. Start a new day early: Do you get up early? Be early and see positive changes in your life. You are in control as an early riser.
7. Get motivated: Read a chapter of a motivational book or a few inspiring quotes in the morning. Every day you need to be motivated to face challenges ahead of you.
8. Reduce TV time: When you watch less TV you will have ample time to improve your life in many ways. The time can be productively employed to change your lifestyle from inactive to active and improve your well-being.
9. Do what you are afraid to do: It is one effective way to break away from your comfort zone. You will make mistakes, but you will also learn a lot along the way and be much wiser.
1 Stay on course: The journey of life is paved with obstacles. Do not be discouraged by defeats and failures. Be confident and believe in yourself and go after your dreams in life. Do what you need to do. Determination and perseverance will get you success.
Improve yourself daily in a small way and over time you will be a much better person than before.